Laser micromachining for the watch-making industry
Ultrafast laser processing allows unprecedented quality and precision in micromachining: an ideal solution for the watchmaking industry.
- Surface texturation
- Intra-volume marking
Laser micromachining can adress most materials used for watchmaking: stainless steel, precious metals, gems and precious stones, ceramics, ...
- Bezels and watchstraps engraving
- Cliché machining for the caseback
- Hands machining
- Intra-volume marking in sapphire
- Micromachining of Ruby jewel bearings
Laser micromachining offers several advantages:
- High precision (from microns to millimeters)
- High quality (no heat-affected zone)
- One-step process (no post-processing)
- Very good surface finish
- High flexibility in pattern design