Surface texturing or functionalisation by laser allows you to create effects or give new properties to all types of materials, according to the desired function.
The characteristics of the surface texturing process are:
- Various functionalities (wettability, emissivity, tribology, colouring, decoration, anti-bacterial)
- Process without removal of material for remodelling
- Adaptable depending on requirements
- Large surface treatment and/or in 3D
- Option to reproduce moulding functionalities through plastic injection
- Super-hydrophobic / self-cleaning surface (AC > 150°)
- Hydrophilicity (AC < 10°)
- Reflectance < 5% of the UV to the near IR
- Reduction of bacterial growth (up to 98%)
> 60 mm2.s-1 for certain processes
- Laser fs to ns
- From IR to UV
Adaptable depending on application through generation of self-organised structures or by controlled engraving
- Consumer household appliances
- Food packaging
- Double- and Multi-Femtosecond Pulses Produced by Birefringent Crystals for the Generation of 2D Laser-Induced Structures on a Stainless Steel Surface, F. Fraggelakis, G. Giannuzzi, C. Gaudiuso, I. Manek-Hönninger, G. Mincuzzi, A. Ancona, R. Kling
- Controlling 2D laser nano structuring over large area with double femtosecond pulses, F. Fraggelakis, G. Mincuzzi, J. Lopez, I. Manek-Hönninger, R. Kling
- Springtail-inspired triangular laser-induced surface textures on metals using MHz ultrashort pulses, J.-M. Romano, R. Helbig, F. Fraggelakis, A. Garcia-Giron, C. Werner, R. Kling, S. Dimov
- Towards Laser-Textured Antibacterial Surfaces, A. H. A. Lutey, L. Gemini, L. Romoli, G. Lazzini, F. Fuso, M. Faucon & R. Kling
Associated products or services
Laser shock peeningThe laser shock peening process improves fatigue and corrosion resistance through the use of shock waves greater than GPa on metallic materials.
Machining of transparent materialsThe machining of transparent materials consists in cutting, welding, drilling and engraving by minimising mechanical stresses.
Laser drillingLaser drilling allows you to obtain holes of variable geometry with a large aspect ratio, crossing or not all types of materials and all thicknesses.
Laser cuttingLaser cutting allows the manufacture of precision parts from all types of materials, even transparent and hard, like silicon carbide or diamond.
Intra-volume markingIntra-volume marking by laser allows very local modification of the refractive index in transparent materials. This modification allows registration of patterns in 3D to functionalise or create a decorative effect in the material.