Based on the development of customized laser processes for R&D systems, we intervene at every stage of your industrial process.
ALPhANOV's skills, both human and material, allow us to offer a wide range of services in the area of laser processing and to intervene at all stages of the industrial process:
- Studies based on knowledge of laser interaction processes
- Experimental validation thanks to a wide range of laser sources and instruments of control and measurements
- Development an characterisation of industrial processes
- Manufacture of prototypes and small production runs
- Support for the integration of laser machining processes in industrial environment
- User training
Our engineers and technicians have developed and characterised a whole range of laser processes that allow you to drill, cut, mark, engrave, ablate or texture several kinds of materials, on the scale of microns to millimetres with high accuracy, machining quality, conservation of the functionality of materials, and limitation of the heat-affected zone:
- Engraving of all types of materials
- Selective ablation of all materials depending on the properties of the substrate and the layer to be eliminated
- Laser shock peening of metals
- Drilling with control of conicity on the following materials: metals, ceramics, transparent materials
- Multi-drilling with control of conicity on all types of materials
- Cutting of all types materials
- Surface texturing of all types of materials
- Surface functionalisation of all materials (depending on the desired function)
- Remodelling (non-ablative process) of metals
- Marking of all types of materials
- Intra-volume modification of transparent materials
- Intra-volume colouring of transparent materials with specific formulation
- Additive manufacturing of metals
- Welding of metals and transparent materials
The technical means of laser micro-machining available to ALPhANOV allow it to follow you at each stage of your industrial process. All the technical means are detailed in this document.
Our range of products
Selective ablationThe use of a specific pulse duration and/or suitable wavelength(s) makes it possible to work in a condition where the surface layer ablation threshold is lower than the substrate’s.
Etching - Controlled ablationLaser engraving is carried out by removing material layer by layer to obtain a 2D or 3D effect on all material types.
Laser shock peeningShock waves (> GPa) applied to metallic materials improve their fatigue resistance and their resistance to corrosion.
Machining of transparent materialsCutting, welding, drilling and engraving of transparent materials with minimization of mechanical stress. Short or ultra-short pulse lasers allow transparent materials to be machined with or without removal of material and to modify their intra-volume physical properties.
Laser drillingLaser drilling makes it possible to create through or blind holes with variable shape and high aspect ratio, on all types of materials and thicknesses.
Laser cuttingLaser cutting enables precision part production of all material types, even of transparent and hard materials such as SIC and diamond.
Surface texturingLaser texturing and surface functionalization make it possible to create effects or generate new properties on all surface types.
Intra-volume markingIntra-volume laser marking makes it possible to locally modify the refractive index of transparent materials. This modification allows you to inscribe 3D patterns to functionalize or to create a decorative effect in the material.
Our associated application sectors
Our related collaborative projects
Newskin - Advanced surface nanotechnologies
Creating an innovation ecosystem to accelerate industrial adoption of advanced surface nanotechnologies.Learn more
AS TGV - Laser percussion drilling
To develop a new femtosecond-laser based technique for high throughput percussion drilling.Learn more
ADDIMAFIL - Additive manufacturing by laser fusion
To develop a robotic unit for additive manufacturing by laser fusion of wire for large metallic parts.Learn more
PARACETAMOL - Picosecond laser source
To develop a protocol to remove tattoos by laser. In comparison with current tattoo removal techniques, this protocol will allow to remove colored tattoos with a reduction of pain and without side effects.Learn more
HELIAM - Metallurgical processing of parts
To develop and commercialize an innovative system allowing the metallurgical processing of parts intended for aeronautics by laser shock.Learn more
TresClean - Antibacterial surfaces
To develop of antibacterial surfaces by high power ultra-short laser texturing. The processes developed in the frame of the TresClean project will meet the industrial needs especially in terms of productivity with texturing speeds up to 40 mm/s.Learn more
LASHARE - Industrial laser systems
(2013 - 2019)
To gather and develop knowledge about industrial laser systems and their use throughout the value chain.Learn more
LASER4FUN - Surface micro-nano structuring
(2015 - 2019)
To develop new surface micro-nano structuring methods using amerging SP/USP laser technologies.Learn more
FEMTOWELD - Glass welding and cutting
(2014 - 2017)
Development of a technological solution for glass welding and cutting based on the use of high average power femtosecond laser.Learn more
UPMOST - Ultrafast laser processing
To develop ultrafast laser processing for advanced mobile displays.Learn more
VESUVE - UV laser for high speed marking
To achieve a high rep rate UV laser of industrial reliability.Learn more
BONEPRINTING - Laser assisted bioimpression
Laser assisted bioimpression for in vivo bone tissue engineering in mice.Learn more
PERCEVAL - Process of laser scouring
(2011 - 2014)
To develop an innovative process of laser scouring of composite parts.Learn more
ARCOCE - Rear ceramic composite bodies
Research and innovation in the sector composites for aerospaceLearn more
- Pulse to pulse control for highly precise and efficient micromachining with femtosecond lasers, G. Mincuzzi, E. Audouard, A. Bourtereau, M. Delaigue, M. Faucon, C. Hoenninger, K. Mishchik, A. Rebière, S. Sailer, A. Seweryn-Schnur, and R. Kling
- Beam engineering strategies reduce heat accumulation effects in high power, ultrashort pulse laser machining, G. Mincuzzi, A. Rebière, M. Faucon, A. Sikora, and R. Kling
- Intra-volume processing of gelatine hydrogel by femtosecond laser-induced cavitation, I. Verit, L. Gemini, J.-C. Fricain, R. Kling & C. Rigothier
- Laser induced periodic surface structures generation by femtosecond laser and multi-plane light conversion beam shaping, G. Mincuzzi, C. Jacquard, S. Nourry, M. Faucon, G. Pallier, P. Jian, O. Pinel, G. Labroille, R. Kling
- Pulse to pulse control in micromachining with femtosecond lasers, G. Mincuzzi, A. Bourtereau, A. Rebière, Hugo Laborie, M. Faucon, M. Delaigue, K. Mishchik, C. Hoenninger, E. Audouard, R. Kling
- Single and dual wavelength double fs-pulse laser irradiation for transparent material processing, J. Lopez, K. Gaudfrin, K. Mishchik, M. Delaigue, C. Hönninger, E. Audouard, R. Kling, G. Duchateau
- Square top-hat and round top-hat laser beam shaping with multi-plane light conversion for femtosecond laser material microprocessing, C. Jacquard, G. Mincuzzi, M. Faucon, A. Sikora, R. Kling, G. Pallier, N. Laurenchet, P. Jian, O. Pinel, G. Labroille