Optics & laser
As a specialist in optical and laser processes, ALPhANOV supports the projects of researchers, engineers and industrialists in these fields, thanks to our services and products or through collaborative projects.
Optics and lasers lie at the heart of our business. As a technological centre, ALPhANOV responds to the requirements of scientific research in optics and lasers and to industrialists through a whole range of products and services:
- Development of innovative laser sources
- Development of fibre components
- Laser micro-machining processes
- Laser-piloted electronic cards and modules
- Optomechanical design, optical design and software for photonic systems
This page shows you our activities linked to this field, but do not hesitate to contact us about your projects.
Produits & Services
Laser processingBased on the development of custom-made laser processes for R&D systems, we intervene at every stage of your industrial process.
Laser sourcesDesign and development of innovative laser sources based on specialty optical fibers and micro-components in free space.
Laser componentsALPhANOV commercializes several laser components used inside laser sources: Ps/fs fibre oscillators in OEM version or R&D (with pump to be spliced), integrated medium high-power PCF amplifiers and Kilowatt-class pump combiners.
Photonic Crystal Fiber interfacingPhotonic Crystal Fiber (PCF) gives a real advantage in terms of performance, compactness and reliability.
Optoelectronics and laser diode driversFor several years, ALPhANOV has acquired different skills in optoelectronics and has successfully developed a wide range of control modules for optical components. These technologies, which have now reached maturity, were transferred, on January 6, 2020, to the very young company AeroDIODE.
Linked collaborative projects
Harmony – Frequency stabilization of lasers using PCF hollow core fibers (HC-PCF)
Develop an all-fiber gas cell component based on PCF hollow core fibers (HC-PCF) that will be used for laser frequency stabilisation.Learn more
SLALLOM - Holographic microscope
To develop a holographic microscope for all-optical brain studies with a single laser source.Learn more
TALSO - New brazing process
Develop a new cold brazing process based on porous silver oxalate joint for the thermal functionalization of optical components.Learn more
Convergence - Optical components for power lasers
Design and realize optical components to enable the rise in energy and average power of diode-pumped solid lasers.Learn more
DIODE - Platform of expertise and resources based on laser diodes
(2012 - 2014)
To establish a platform of expertise and resources around components, modules and subsystems based on laser diodes.Learn more
Blue laser - Development of blue fiber lasers
(2008 - 2010)
To develop a new family of high-power blue fiber lasers.Learn more
- 30 TW and 33 fs pulses delivered by a Ti:Sa amplifier system seeded with a frequency-doubled fiber laser, S. Boivinet, A. Pellegrina, L. Ranc, T. Morbieu, S. Vidal, J.-P. Yehouessi, P. Morin, H. Lecommandoux, K. Robin, C. Vinçont, C. Pierre, M. Berisse
- High gain amplification up to 100 mJ to 3 J using Yb3+:YAG slab-based cat’s-eye cavities under variable seed and operating conditions, A. Jolly, G. Machinet, and J. Boullet
- Nonlinear imaging using a 35 fs 3.5 nJ all-PM fiber laser frequency doubled at 800 nm, C.-H. Hage, S. Boivinet, S. Vidal, G. Machinet, J. Boullet
- 178 fs, 1.2 nJ pulses from an all-polarization maintaining fiber figure 8 laser based on 3 × 3 coupler at 1 μm, S. Boivinet; S. Vidal; J. Boullet
- Thermal lensing effects in rod-based Tm3+: YLF amplifiers versus pump and cooling conditions, A Jolly; S Vidal; J Boullet
- 3 W Mid-IR supercontinuum extended up to 4.6 µm based on an all-PM thulium doped fiber gain-switch laser seeding an InF3 fiber, J-P. Yehouessi; S. Vidal; J-Y. Carrée; L. Bodin; S. Cozic; T. Berthelot; S. Poulain; L. Calvez; G. Huss; J. Boullet