Photonic Crystal Fiber interfacing
Introducing PCF (Photonic Crystal fiber) often gives a real advantage in terms of performance, compactness and reliability.
Photonic Crystal Fiber (PCF) gives a real advantage in terms of performance, compactness and reliability. Through this partnership with NKT Photonics, ALPhANOV can share its expertise with PCF users and helps them reach innovative and efficient solutions faster.
ALPhANOV's know-how covers interfacing and integration of specialty optical fibers such as "rod-type", micro-structured, and hollow core fibers.
Four types of photonic crystal fiber:
- Micro-structured fiber
- Air holes to guide light in a hollow core
- High power delivery without nonlinear effects or material damage
Large mode area fibers:
- Provide single mode operation in a large wavelength range - endlessly single mode operation
- High power levels without nonlinear effects or material damage
- Enables the transport of high power laser beams
Ytterbium doped double clad fibers:
- Largest single-mode cores
- Amplification to unprecedented power levels
- Very good mode quality and stability
- Optimized for supercontinuum generation and nonlinear wavelength conversion
- Combination of tailored dispersion profile and very high nonlinear coefficient
In addition to standard services on PCF fibers, ALPhANOV addresses your custom needs such as on-demand developments, feasibility studies or prototyping.
Our range of products
PCF connectorsALPhANOV can make custom connectors for any type of PCF fiber. Here are especially skilled in munfacturing PCF connectors with high average power handling, up to 6 W injection loss and 200 W pump power:
Industrial PCF cablesALPhANOV can meet demanding requests to push Photonic Crystal Fibers to an industrial level of integration.
Special terminationAs a technology center, ALPhANOV is able to address special requests on PCF interfacing through feasibility studies or developments.
End-capsALPhANOV has developed end-caps for optical fiber, capable of handling very high average powers up to several kilowatts.
Our associated application sectors
- Photonic crystal fiber-based components for high power industrial Fs laser applications, J. Boullet; S. Boivinet; C. Pierre; G. Machinet; H. Lecommandoux; E. Chalumeau; C. Vinçont; K. Robin; M. Berisset
- Fused fiber components for parallel coherent fiber lasers, A. Zoubir & P. Dupriez
- Modelling the competition between photo-darkening and photo-bleaching effects in high-power ytterbium-doped fibre amplifiers, A. Jolly, C. Vinçont, Ch. Pierre & J. Boullet
- Towards fully commercial, UV-compatible fiber patch cords, Marciniak, C. D., Ball, H. B., Hung, A. T.-H., & Biercuk, M. J. (2017)