LASER4FUN - Surface micro-nano structuring
To develop new surface micro-nano structuring methods using amerging SP/USP laser technologies.
About the project:
The aim of the Laser4fun project is to develop new surface micro-nano structuring methods (LIPSS, DLIP, DLW and their possible combination) using SP / USP laser technologies.
The main research activity of the project will focus on the laser / material interaction (metals, semiconductors, polymers) and the generation of new morphologies giving the surface innovative key functionalities in the fields of tribology. aesthetics and wettability.
ALPhANOV will study and carry out the scaling up of a metal laser blackening process for the appliance industry. During the study, we will use ultra-low power industrial laser sources with high average power and high repetition rates with fast scanning systems. This will achieve high productivities compatible with the industry.
- BSH Electrodomésticos España
- Airbus Defence and Space
- Fraunhofer Gesellschaft
- University of Twente
- Universidad Politécnica de Madrid
- Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche
- University of Birmingham
- Leibniz-Institut für Polymerforschung Dresden
- Short and long term surface chemistry and wetting behaviour of stainless steel with 1D and 2D periodic structures induced by bursts of femtosecond laser pulses, G. Giannuzzia, C. Gaudiuso, R. Di Mundo, L. Mirenghi, F. Fraggelakis, R. Kling
- Springtail-inspired triangular laser-induced surface textures on metals using MHz ultrashort pulses, J.-M. Romano, R. Helbig, F. Fraggelakis, A. Garcia-Giron, C. Werner, R. Kling, S. Dimov